Gluten Free Rigatoni with Butternut Squash Kale and Sausage
- 3 Tblsp Avocado oil
- 1 pound Organic ground Pork
- 1 Tblsp. Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tblsp. Chopped fresh Sage, about 4 sage leaves
- 4 large Garlic cloves chopped or minced
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Kale chopped finely
- 1 medium Butternut Squash peeled and chopped into about 3/4 inch cubes
- Avocado oil or Olive oil for drizzling over the squash
- salt and pepper
- 1 Cup grated Grano Padano or Pecorino romano
- 1/2 Cup Shaved Parmesan
- 1 Pound Gluten Free Rigatoni Penne is fine too
Bring a large pasta pot of water to a rolling boil, add some salt.
Add the gluten free pasta and stir.
Cook to the required time ~I can't stress enough that gluten free pasta NEEDS to be cooked "al dente" or it will just tastes mushy.
Add the chopped butternut squash to a large baking sheet and drizzle with Avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss and spread out leaving a tiny space in between each cube. Don't crowd them.
Roast the squash for 30 minutes or until its tender and some of them have turned slightly brownish. Set aside.
Heat up a large skillet on medium high heat and then add the avocado oil and watch it ripple.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds, and sage cook until the garlic turns very slightly brown and the spices are fragrant.
Add the finely chopped Kale and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the ground pork and some salt and pepper and break up the meat with a wooden spoon. Sear meat until its cooked thoroughly about 10 minutes or so. Add more salt and pepper if you need to.
Add the cooked pasta to the pork mixture in the skillet and stir.
Scrape the butternut squash off the baking sheet right into the skillet and add the grated Grano Padano or pecorino and fold gently into the pasta. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Scoop into bowls and garnish with shaved Parmesan. Serve warm.