Healthier Party Mix
If you are making homemade Bagel Chips:
- 2 Whole Grain Bagels or (or pumpernickel if you can find them), sliced thinly into discs OR bagel of Good Store bought bagel Chips
- Avocado Oil or Olive oil for drizzling
For the mix:
- 5 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos or 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 8 Tablespoons Butter or Ghee
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 3 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup Nuts (optional)
- 3 Cups Multigrain Square Cereal such as Cascadian Farms
- 3 Cups Newman's own Pretzels
- 1 box Annie's Homegrown Cheddar squares or bunnies
- 2 cups Bagel chips ( homemade) ~ or store-bought
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Preheat Oven to 375
* If making your own Bagel Chips: Slice the bagels into thin discs. Toss with some avocado oil or olive oil, and salt and pepper. Spread on cookie sheet and Toast for a few minutes until crispy. Stay by the oven... trust me.
In a microwavable bowl, melt the butter. Remove from the microwave and whisk in the onion powder, garlic powder, and Coconut aminos or Worcestershire.
Add the cereal, Bagel Chips, and Crackers to a large bowl. Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mix and toss with your hands.
Separate the mix onto two baking sheets and spread it out on the sheet pans. You don't want to crowd the mix in the sheet pan or It won't crisp.
Toast each pan for about 10-15 minutes, rotating halfway. They should be very lightly brown. Repeat with the second sheet pan.
Allow to cool completely and and store in an airtight container to stay crisp.