This soup is a total warming soup. Nourishing and bright for those grey winter days. Any leftover rice will do.
Brown Rice Ginger Turmeric Soup with Spinach
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 Scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 (3 inch) piece Ginger, minced finely or grated
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced finely or grated
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice you can even cheat and use Tasty Bite microwavable pouches
- 5-6 cups Stock, chicken, turkey or vegetable or bone broth
- Kosher salt and ground Black Pepper
- 5 Handfuls Baby Spinach Leaves
- Cilantro leaves, torn or chopped for garnish
- Lime wedges, for squeezing on soup as garnished
In a medium Dutch Oven on medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger.
Add the turmeric and rice and stir until fragrant and rice turns golden yellow. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the stock and simmer for 10-15. minutes.
Add the spinach and stir. Ladle into bowl and add the cilantro. Squeeze with the lime wedge if desired.