Chicken Satay My Way
Marinade: (optional) You could just salt, pepper and oil the chicken on the skewers and grill. I just love this marinade.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp. chili flakes (red pepper flakes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- 1 Pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs sliced in long strips
- 2 Tablespoons oil (coconut oil if you have it) drizzle on for grilling
Marinate the chicken on or off the skewers for 1-2 hours or overnight. Thread the strips on kebob skewers
Satay Sauce (allergen free)
- 1/2 cup sun butter If you don't have nut allergies, substitute peanut or almond or cashew butter ~still amazing
- 4 Tablespoons sriracha
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce ( I use red boat)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4-5 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic
If using marinade, marinate for at least 2 hours.
Blend the sauce ingredients in a blender, vitamix, or with an emersion blender (like in the picture above) until smooth. You may add more water if you want it looser. Set aside.
Thread the chicken on the skewers ( if you haven't). Grill 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve Satay Sauce on top with a squeeze of lime, spring onions, sesame or cilantro! Serve warm.